In a world of thoughts and deeds, I find the couch the ideal venue of discovery!

.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Days of Laziness Ending ......

Ok, so I've not quite got the majority of my photographs up for public scrutiny as yet, so what exactly have I been doing for the past three weeks since I got back from overseas.

To be honest, I really don't know. Sleeping, reading, playing games, emailing friends, visiting family, relaxing ... generally not much. At the same time, I was following up a lead for a new contract job and starting to chase up other job opportunities as although leading the lazy life of an unemployed git has been rather nice, still have to find some money to pay the bills and keep the roof over the head.

So, I will be once again getting off my virtual couch every day and doing the trek to Melbourne via the train from Geelong and "working for the man", or in this case, another big bank.

I am actually looking forward to it, as this position will mean working with some friends from a few years ago, so there will not be much of the awkwardness when you start at a new role, making new friends or who to go to lunch or coffee. All that small stuff that is part of a being the new guy at any company.

I've yet to decide what to do with this blog, but would be nice to keep writing on a semi-regular basis with my view from the virtual couch on life, the universe and everything.

Who knows, there could be another trip in the planning too!

So wish me luck as I return to the world of employment as of next Wednesday!

See you on the flip side.

1 comment:

Mad Cat Lady said...

Go the blog!
It's taking many many blogs to fill the void left by Ms Fits :(