In a world of thoughts and deeds, I find the couch the ideal venue of discovery!

.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Day 13 Lake Lucerne to Paris Thursday June 5 2008

Somehow managed to wake up this morning at 6am or so for the 6.45am luggage call and struggled to breakfast. Fortunately I was not the worst this morning as both Hillary and Nick overindulged last night and were definitely the worst for wear, with Hillary taking the chucky crown off Nick in full view of everyone before we got on the coach this morning to depart. It was also Margarets 70th birthday today so we had a few birthday horns to blow as she came to the coach and Dave let off what he thought would be a bigger firecracker but really just popped out some party hats and stuff. He had already decorated her seat on the coach with balloons.

Today is a big day of driving so no sightseeing and just crossing the border between Switzerland and France as I type this, again no border controls, so apart from the ferry at Dover in England I have not showed my passport anywhere on this particular tour.

Bit of a dismal and gloomy day today, so definitely a good day to catch up on my blog entries which I have neglected since leaving Venice. Then again internet access has been pretty much non-existent so that hasnt helped with the motivation factor. I should have grabbed a vodafone sim card in UK and used that in one of my mobiles that I have with me as a usb modem as Im pretty sure the roaming agreements with vodafone UK would have enabled this, anyway, will know better next time (along with an extra power adaptor if I go back to italy).

Tonight in Paris I was supposed to head off the cabaret show but as I had struggled all day with a cold I decided to skip the excursion even though Id paid for it and there were apparently bare boobies. So instead a few of us (Freeman, alison, Nic & Josie and anne and Bernie headed up the main street from the hotel and found a bar/restaurant for dinner where freeman ordered frogs legs. I also tried out a bit more of my french for ordering.

After dinner I had an earlier night and tried to sleep off the cold.

No comments: