In a world of thoughts and deeds, I find the couch the ideal venue of discovery!

.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Homeward Bound

Where is my damn breakfast? That´s my overriding thought right now on the morning of my departure back to Australia rather than any thoughts of the flight home or contemplation of the end of my holiday.

Yesterday (Monday) I had a very quiet day, said goodbye to Lauren in the morning (I think I was still asleep but mumbled a few appropriate things!) and James brought me up to Heathrow in the afternoon to the hotel that I had booked right next to the airport.

My homeward leg is a bit different to the last time I flew home, in that I have two stops, and three flights. I´m flying FinnAir for the first two, so will be flying 3 hours to Helsinki in finland first, with a brief one hour stop there. Then it is an eight and a bit flight to Hong Kong. I think I will try and sleep on this flight to reset my body clock to aussie time. Then after almost two hours in Hong Kong (probably enough time to get lost at the airport), it will be the homeward leg to Melbourne on Qantas for around 9 hours I think.

So Wednesday 9pm aussie time I arrive and hopefully be met by Ken, my reliable and talkative limo driver who will be eager to hear my gossip, especially from my Romanian part of my holiday (no doubt a few others are too).

It has been a fantastic holiday, and I promise not to make you all sit through 2200 photographs, but will post a decent selection on a web gallery (probably flickr) and in my facebook and myspace profiles too.

I dare say this blog will continue on, but with perhaps less exciting and interesting entries than the past six weeks!

See you on the flip side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only 2 hours in Honkers?!? NooooO!!!!!!

Jase you're missing one of the most awesome cities in the world!
Oh well, you can schedule a few days there on your next trip...

Dave ~ said...

Woohoo! Sounds like a top trip Jase. And I agree with Jenx - Honkers is awesome. Maybe you could nobble the plane - though at the moment with Qantas you may get to spend a bit more time there anyway. Heh.