In a world of thoughts and deeds, I find the couch the ideal venue of discovery!

.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 15 Paris to London Saturday 7th June

It was an early wake up and take your own bags down to the coach today, and not everyone was there as some had left last night or earlier in the morning.

A strange feeling to be sure, as the past two weeks had been so frenetic and busy and now it was all over and people talked of their next plans, some were going onto other tours (like me) some flying home and others doing more travel by themselves.

The trip to Calais was fairly quiet although quite jolly at times, I think Mark enjoyed us as a group, and Im pretty sure his next group (which had much less aussies and kiwis) will not be as much fun.

So at Calais we said goodbye to Mark and Luigi, and boarded the ferry. The same core group of Freeman, Alison and myself plus a few others went to the same lounge onboard where we spent the trip over. Ordered some beers and a cornish pastie and kicked back.

there was a girl going around offering massages and Freeman asked for one, the look on his face was of pure bliss so I asked for one as well, alison got some classic photographs of me whilst I was getting the massage. Im not such a fan of the massage anywhere near my ribs (so sensitive there) but the neck, head and ears had me just about falling asleep.

When I asked how much it cost she just said to me to pay what i thought it was worth, so I forked over 20 euro - which funnily enough was the amount Freeman had handed over too.

All too soon we were back on a bus heading to London, which took what seemed like forever and once again at the Thistle euston ... my biggest problem now was getting to the other hotel where i was staying that night. Luckily Id talking to Hillary and her mum Viv and they were more or less going the same way (Kensington area) as me so we organised a taxi with the concierge for a flat rate of 25 pounds. As it turned out their hotel was more or less around the corner from mine.

This night I was supposed to update all my blogs and write email but I ended up watching team america on the tv and going to sleep, but not before making sure Id ordered breakfast inroom for the morning.

No comments: