In a world of thoughts and deeds, I find the couch the ideal venue of discovery!

.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Day 5 – Vienna sightseeing. Wednesday 28th May 2008

Bit of a big day today, with sightseeing in the centre of the city, via coach and walking. Poor old Luigi has had some issues with his GPS leading him astray and things did not improve when our tour director nicked off and let the local guide take over who only spoke english and german whilst Luigi speaks italian and very little english. Direction became by pointing.

Did I mention it is hot over here? A few of the older members of our tour certainly are struggling with the pace and heat a bit, our tour guide today was a little too quick I felt and didnt seem to pay attention to the slower member of the group. Again lots of photos and a quick bite to eat as I had another excursion to a palace in the afternoon.

The palace of the schonbrunn was huge – apparently rivalling the Versailles palace (which I will be able to judge next week I guess). I found the rooms pretty stuffy and dark though and definitely over the top decoration! But worth the excursion just to feel the age and history imbued in the place ... like standing in the ballroom where JKF and Kruschev met at one time.

They also definitely need to have TV in those days or more hobbies other than bonking – 15 kids?? good grief!

Back to the hotel this afternoon to chill out and write up this diary entry and then I will go downstairs to the lobby where the only wireless hotspot is in the hotel (most annoyed) and post the past few days up online,

Tonight is an evening the viennese wood at a wine village – basically a huge stuff your face and drink all you an affair. Im sure there will be a few sore heads on the coach tomorrow on the way to Venice. I shall try to pace myself but these kiwis are giving me a hard time about not holding up the aussie reputation! I really am outnumbered!

4 comments:

Dave ~ said...

You're representing an entire nation Jase - time to step up boyo, time to step up.

Anonymous said...

How's the head Jase?
Tell us about the people on the trip! Enough of the history!

Dave ~ said...

Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Photos? Did I mention Photos?

Anonymous said...

I don't read blogs but I care enough to leave random comments none the less. So BigJ, haveing said that, you may have covered this one already.. What's the half-time score?