In a world of thoughts and deeds, I find the couch the ideal venue of discovery!

.

Friday, May 23, 2008

London Sightseeing

Arrived back in London yesterday afternoon and made it to my hotel where I´m starting off my tour, will have two nights here and then head off Saturday morning. I had intended to take a wander around yesterday evening but I was so tired from my last night in Bucharest (not as exciting as that might sound) that I zonked out asleep around 7pm and woke up around 4am this morning.

I already booked myself in for two half day tours today - one around the city and St Paul´s Cathederal and this afternoon (in around twenty minutes so this will be a quick blog) heading to the Tower of London and to see the Crown Jewels.

Managed to see the guards all parading and practising for the Queen´s Birthday Parade, so heaps of photos of several hundred soldiers all resplendant in red uniforms and bear-hats.

Have just woofed down some lunch, helps not to convert the price into aussie dollars as it is quite expensive just for a chicken wrap with salad plus water & a coffee. First time Ive had potato chips served with a meal on a plate (or crisps as they call them here).

Oh yes, had an intersting flight from bucharest to London yesterday afternoon as I was sitting next to an old american guy named Terry from Seattle who had been to Romania with his wife doing some charity work. Served as a reminder to me not to stereotype americans like I sometimes do, this guy was one of the most interesting and intelligent individuals I have met in a long time.

ooops, better go catch my coach....

No comments: