In a world of thoughts and deeds, I find the couch the ideal venue of discovery!

.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Meetings in Romania

I have been here in Bucharest Romania for a few days now and I must say they have really turned the weather on for me here. The locals are even saying how warm it is suddenly compared to the previous week.

Conversely friends back home tell me it is rather cold and raining back in Australia. hmm maybe the sun really does shine from my ... anyway!

It has been great to meet old friends and new friends here, although I have come at a busy time of year for friends here (most are students) so have not spent as much time with people as I´d have liked. Still it has been good to translate friendships from the ´virtual´ to the ´actual´ world and find that your impressions were correct.

Overall, Bucharest has come along since the last time i was here almost 4 years ago and i think within the next 5 years will really bloom. I just hope that some of the amazing historical buildings I´ve found outside my back door (literally) are not bulldozed in the rush for modernisation.

i have another three days here before flying back to London on Thursday afternoon.

photos? i working on uploading them & will try and link them soon.

No comments: