In a world of thoughts and deeds, I find the couch the ideal venue of discovery!

.

Friday, May 16, 2008

The Queen didn´t wave!

Currently sitting in Terminal 5 here at heathrow waiting for my gate details for Bucharest to come up, estimating that will happen in around an hour or so with another hour after that before departure. My journey is almost complete - to my first destination at least!

Feeling reasonably chipper, despite the over a day travelling time thus far and barely any sleep the night before I left. May need another coffee shortly. For both the Singapore leg and the London leg I had a spare seat next to me, so a bit of extra sprawl room was very welcome.

Amazingly I did sleep quite well, but being seated next to one of the galleys was not so great as it meant i was subjected to the wafts of lovely food smells but one of the last to be served! As usual I inhaled the food, and the portions just serve to whett the appetite!

I meant to blog at Singapore but by the time I´d tried to get me ´free´ internet access, it was a bit late.... nothing much to report at that end, except all the officials are so stern and brook no nonsense from dilly-dallying aussies who try to crack a joke!

Its apparently summer here but someone forgot to tell the weather!

I was glad to have a window seat as saw the most amazing view as we flew over northen afghanistan and those central russian republics. Bright moon and stars in the sky and down below lights arranged like the decorations on peopleś houses at Christmas. At one stage it looked like stars below and above. Of course I forgot to take a pic!

We flew over Windsor castle before we landed here in London, but I didnt see the Queen waving at me ... so disappointed!

Anyway, the next blog will most likely be from my luxury apartment in Bucharest Romania ... hopefully I will not have forgotten to feed the fishes and i will have definitely not forgotten to pay the rent :)

1 comment:

Dave ~ said...

Right! I'll get Robbie and Chuck and Sylvester and some RPG's and some Abrams tanks and some moist towelettes from KFC and.....oh wait. You didn't give the code words....you were just....OK. At ease. Nothing to see here. Carry on.